Facilities/Maintenance Systems Apprentice
- Business Affairs - Physical Plant
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Range of $21 - $24
- Full Time
Will work as support to the Associate Director of Facilities and will be focused on developing the skills and knowledge required to assume the responsibilities of the Associate Director of Facilities. Will learn the Hanover buildings and infrastructure systems on the campus, and how to service them. Includes: in house preventive maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipment, safety systems, water and sewer systems, and outsourcing services that are required. Will assist with and learn to manage capital projects. Assist with the execution of these projects with college end-users, the long-term capital facilities plan and the annual budget.
- Plan, organize and supervise the maintenance and repair performed by the maintenance systems staff. Prepare daily and weekly schedules that ensure the completion of submitted work orders for campus facilities.
- Learn to develop and oversee a preventative maintenance schedule for HVAC systems, fire/sprinkler systems, elevators and electrical generators on campus. Learn and understand required recordkeeping required for the campus. .
- Learn and understand the testing that is required for water usage on Hanover's campus. Develop relationship with Kent Water Company on water treatment and maintain Hanover's water infrastructure equipment.
- Develop an understanding of the in-ground infrastructure on Hanover's campus. This includes, water, electrical, sewage, storm drainage, natural gas, cable, and fiber systems.
- Learn to identify maintenance and safety issues on campus.
- Train on the use of the keying system utilized to secure college facilities.
- Supervise the maintenance staff in accordance to internal policies.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Facilities.
- Communicates and coordinates with Student Life and Security to ensure student safety on Campus.
Received from: Associate Director of Facilities
Given to: Maintenance employees
Education Required: High school diploma with coursework in various vocational skills
Experience Required: Five years related work experience, supervisory experience preferred.
Skills Required: Electrical and HVAC knowledge. Strong verbal, written, analytical and inter-personal skills.
License/Certification Valid driver's license, subject to Motor Vehicle Review.
Requirements: Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Hanover College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse college environment. We seek candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, race, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. No person, on the basis of protected status, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation under any College program or activity, including with respect to employment terms and conditions. We embrace diversity and encourage all who are interested to apply.