Director of Student Affairs/Core Faculty Doctor of Occupational Therapy Program
- Academic Affairs - Faculty - OTD
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Hanover College seeks applications for the Director of Student Affairs in a new hybrid Doctor of Occupational Therapy Program.
The Director of Student Affairs is responsible for all student affairs functions to include orientation, progression and retention, and advisement. As Class Advisor and Student Occupational Therapy Association Advisor, the Director of Student Affairs works to integrate all students (remote and local) into the College and OTD Program culture and serves as the primary point of contact for student issues related to distance learning life
- Coordinates student selection activities with Director of Admission.
- Assimilates students into the OTD Program immediately following enrollment and prior to orientation.
- Coordinates and oversees the Student Development and Flourishing Program.
- Coordinates and oversees the clinical coaching and mentoring program.
- Oversee student advisement, academic progression and retention, professionalism, scholarship and awards, and provides recommendations to the Dean and faculty for informed decision-making.
- Serves as program liaison with the College Department of Student Services.
- Oversees the election of class officers and student occupational therapy association.
- Coordinates and conducts student orientation and graduation functions.
- Provides primary Committee oversight to the following components of the Program Assessment Plan and ACOTE Self Study Report: Program Mission, Program Goals and Objectives, Policies and Procedures, Core and Associated Faculty, and Program Resources.
- Represent the OTD Program within the College, the community, and the profession of occupational therapy.
The Director of Student Affairs will hold a 12-month, administrative appointment with future teaching responsibilities and the faculty rank of Assistant, Associate, or full Clinical Professor in the Department.
- Earned doctorate in a discipline appropriate for leadership responsibilities.
- Understanding of higher education and contemporary clinical practice appropriate for leadership in occupational therapy scholarship.
- Minimum of 5 years full-time teaching experience in an entry-level occupational therapy program and 3 years clinical practice experience.
- Occupational Therapist license in the state of residence and eligible for licensure in Indiana.
- Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal, and practice issues affecting didactic and experiential learning experiences, and the profession of occupational therapy.
- Established record of scholarly activity.
- Active in service at local, state, or national levels.
- Experience consistent with Hanover College system for faculty rank.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), a teaching statement, a diversity statement (how you work to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in your professional positions and how you plan to continue to do so at Hanover College), and three professional letters of recommendation. To apply, go to: hanover.edu/about/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please upload all requested materials in one submission.
For Questions Contact: Sheri Montgomery, Ed.D, OTD, OTR/L, FAOTA at email@example.com.
Hanover College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse college environment. We seek candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, race, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. No person, on the basis of protected status, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation under any College program or activity, including with respect to employment terms and conditions. We embrace diversity and encourage all who are interested to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts