Director of Research/Capstone Coordinator/Core OTD Faculty Member
- Academic Affairs - Faculty - OTD
- IN, USA
- Full Time
The Director of Research is responsible for all aspects of the student's Capstone project and experience and will work directly with program faculty to ensure the success of student's scholarly agendas.
- Provides the management and oversight of student scholarly activities within the program.
- Ensures that Capstone Projects support the mission, goals, and outcomes of the college and program.
- Provides or ensures mentorship of students to support their development as scholars and researchers.
- Coordinates placement of students and securing appropriate supervision as outlined by ACOTE standards
- Oversees student research activities, to include research proposals and IRB reviews, and dissemination.
- Ensures there is appropriate guidance for student research activities to include planning, developing, conducting, and receiving Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval for OTD program projects and Capstone projects.
- Serves as liaison to the University's offices and committees related to Research, Grants, Compliance, and other Sponsored Programs.
- Provides primary oversight to the following components of the Program Assessment Plan and ACOTE Self Study Report: Capstone Projects.
- Demonstrates familiarity of Institutional Review Board (IRB) policies and procedures. Specifically, the Director of Research will provide strategic leadership for a program that develops sound scientific inquiry skills for all OTD students, as well as provide guidance and direction related specifically to research-based curriculum requirements of the Doctor of Occupational Therapy program.
- Ensures all program policies, procedures, and practices under the responsibility of the Director of Research/Capstone Director provide for compliance with accreditation policies and procedures.
- Represent the OTD Program within the College, the community, and the profession of occupational therapy.
The Director of Research will hold a 12-month, administrative appointment with future teaching responsibilities and the faculty rank of Assistant, Associate, or full Clinical Professor in the Department.
- Earned doctorate in a discipline appropriate for leadership responsibilities.
- Understanding of higher education and contemporary clinical practice appropriate for leadership in occupational therapy scholarship.
- Minimum of 5 years full-time teaching experience in an entry-level occupational therapy program and 3 years clinical practice experience.
- Occupational Therapist license in the state of residence and eligible for licensure in Indiana.
- Knowledge of legislative, regulatory, legal, and practice issues affecting didactic and experiential learning experiences, and the profession of occupational therapy.
- Established record of scholarly activity.
- Active in service at local, state, or national levels.
- Experience consistent with Hanover College system for faculty rank.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), a teaching statement, a diversity statement (how you work to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in your professional positions and how you plan to continue to do so at Hanover College), and three professional letters of recommendation. To apply, go to: hanover.edu/about/employment. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please upload all requested materials in one submission.
For Questions Contact: Sheri Montgomery, Ed.D, OTD, OTR/L, FAOTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hanover College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse college environment. We seek candidates of all backgrounds regardless of age, race, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. No person, on the basis of protected status, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination, harassment, or retaliation under any College program or activity, including with respect to employment terms and conditions. We embrace diversity and encourage all who are interested to apply.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts