Mechanic and Fleet Coordinator
- Business Affairs - Physical Plant
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Job Summary: Responsible for maintaining all vehicles, equipment and tools for the physical plant. Includes fleet cleaning and service, parts and supply pickups and other duties as assigned or needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the fleet vehicles of the campus, including cars, vans, and the activity bus. Work includes mechanic works, washing, vacuuming, cleaning interiors, and gas filling daily as required by the vehicle reservation list. Checks vehicle fluid levels, wiper blades, and inspect vehicles for damage. Coordinates maintenance work with outside vendors on physical plant vehicles. Maintains all grounds equipment and supports repair of maintenance equipment.
- Assist with grounds work as time allows.
- Assists in the moving of furniture on campus as time allows. Assist in various setups for special events such as graduation and homecoming.
Education Required: High school graduate or equivalent experience.
Experience Required: Three years of prior successful work experience, including deep knowledge of vehicle maintenance. Valid driver's license and eligibility to drive a company vehicle. Work experience that demonstrates the ability to follow written and verbal directions.
Previous experience with welding equipment.
- Takes personal initiative to identify work and is willing and able to follow written and verbal directions. Effective work habits, including commitment to quality work, cleanliness maintained in work area along with vehicles, adaptable to changing work needs, good time management and organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and good record-keeping skills.
- Good judgment in making decision, working around moving machinery and electricity, asking for help, bringing forward problems, and communication with others. Able to identify, access, learn, interpret, follow, and explain all applicable policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills; good listen and discernment skills; clear and concise presentation of ideas and opinions. Effective business communication skills; good spelling and grammar in written communications; good email manners; professional presentation and representation of the department.
- Effective customer service skills; able to identify and speak to the interests and concerns of various audiences; able to respond effectively to requests and sometimes dissatisfied customers; able to anticipate customer's needs.
- Work habits that contribute to a positive work environment; demonstrate an active respect and appreciation of others, their efforts, their successes, and their points of view. Contribute to an environment of shared pride, trust, and commitment to common goals.
License/Certification: Valid and current driver's license, subject to Motor Vehicle Review
- Work involves regular exposure to uncomfortable and hazardous working conditions, inside and outside, such as extreme temperatures, moving machinery, electrical sources, potentially hazardous chemicals, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and loud noises.
- Position requires regular physical exertion, including walking, standing, squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting, and crawling. Frequent lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying of sometimes very heavy equipment and supplies. Some irregular and extra hours as needed for projects, events, and emergencies.