Intern/Assistant Women's Lacrosse Coach
- - Athletics
- Hanover, IN, USA
Job Summary: To assist the head coach in overseeing and developing an intercollegiate athletic program. Implements and demonstrates a competitive skill and spirit. Represents Hanover College within the membership of a conference and the governing body of the NCAA.
- Assists the head coach in coordinating and processes all aspects of; on and off campus student-athlete recruitment, scheduling of season and practice times, preparation and scouting of opponents.
- Provide customer services to student athletes, faculty and administration, parents, fans, community, and media
- Assists head coach with responsibility for functioning within a set budget, game and practice preparation, team travel arrangements, purchasing and maintaining safe and adequate equipment, attending conference coaches' meetings, initiating conditioning program, and knowing and abiding by conference guidelines and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assists head coach in initiating changes that will improve the quality of the program and the experience of the student-athlete.
- Performs general duties to ensure the quality, safety, and the development of the program and the experience of the student-athlete.
- Completes duties as assigned by head coach.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Athletics.
Education: Bachelor degree required; master's degree preferred
Experience: Previous successful college/high school playing and or coaching/teaching experience. Candidate must be able to demonstrate job-related experience and/or commitment to equity and inclusion in the work environment.
Skills Required: Candidates must have the ability to coach, teach, and recruit with in the philosophy of Division III athletics anda highly selective liberal arts institution. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of the game and dedication to the development of the total student-athlete.
The COVID-19 epidemic may impact the College's enrollment, funding and need for certain positions. As a result, the College reserves the right to rescind any job offer or reduce the salary based on decreased job responsibilities. The start date may be subject to modification due to the COVID-19 epidemic and related public health restrictions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts