Campus Safety Officer
- Office of Student Life - Campus Safety
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Provide a safe and secure campus at Hanover College and to serve the Campus Community.
- Perform all the duties of a Hanover College Campus Safety Officer as required.
- Patrol the Campus and Buildings of Hanover College for security and protection of life and property.
- Investigate crimes, complaints, and incidents to insure each matter is properly handled by the most professional and expeditious means.
- Escort students, staff, and visitors as requested on the College Campus.
- Respond to fire alarms and assume responsibilities designated in Campus fire brigade procedures.
- Make security checks; complete locking and unlocking assignments, and complete security assignments established by Campus Safety Department Procedures, directives, and special orders.
- Submit true and accurate reports for College and Campus Safety Records.
- Act as a liaison with law enforcement agencies.
- Respond to calls for help and assistance from all Campus sources.
- Enforce Federal and State Laws and all College rules and regulations.
- Monitor and enforce all Campus parking policies and regulations.
- Provide courteous and professional service to the College Community
- Perform other designated or related duties to the position of Hanover College Campus Safety Officer.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Obey the Constitution of the United States of America and the State of Indiana.
- Follow the policies, procedures, and special orders of the Hanover College Campus Safety Department.
- Wear the prescribed uniform to be readily identified, to all other persons, as a Hanover College Campus Safety Officer.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance, including properly groomed hair, while on duty.
- Meet all scheduling and work performance standards outlined in this and other official communications.
- Maintain physical condition that will enable the Campus Safety Officer to perform assignments and tasks under all reasonable circumstances.
- Exercise courtesy and consideration for all persons a Campus Safety Officer may contact, consistent with firmness and energy to perform.
- Attain and maintain First Responder medical certification.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
Eduction required: A high school graduate or its equivalent.
Experience preferred: experience in law enforcement, fire and EMS, the military, private security, or related field.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is normally performed in the field, subject to outdoor activity in adverse weather and/or environmental conditions.
- Schedule is normally an 8 hour to 12 hour shift and may be subject to an occasional rotation.
- Must be physically fit, emotionally stable and able to work under stressful conditions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts