Assistant/Associate Director of Financial Aid – Processing and Systems
- - Admission & Financial Aid
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Student Financial Planning, this person manages the processing and systems, assists in the coordination of Title IV programs and alternative loan programs, reconciliation of loan funds and serves as the leader of the office in the absence of the Associate Vice President. Manages daily loading and posting of ISIR records, corrections, origination and disbursement of all funds, monthly reconciliation of funds. Manages the state funds and the lead for award packaging. The associate director will also assist with counseling students and parents during peak times. Cross training in all areas including student accounts is expected. Represents Hanover College effectively to all constituencies for the primary purpose of recruiting, enrolling, and retaining qualified students. Serves as a cooperative and willing team member to accomplish all tasks and goals needed.
1. Provides electronic support of and training to the financial aid office
2. Manages and processes the import and export of data. (PowerFAIDS, Jenzabar, COD, ELM, Ed Connect, and CPS)
3. Assists in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures to provide quality control and compliance using all available technology.
4. Imports/exports data between PowerFAIDS and SLATE
5. Coordinates imports of student scholarships from SLATE
6. Provides electronic file maintenance, query and report development, system parameters, and system maintenance.
i. Create algorithms and functions to enable auto packaging, PIT rules, QC, etc.
ii. Create PowerFAIDS user accounts, assign access levels, and reset/disable passwords as needed
7. Develops system enhancements to include auto packaging, C codes, SAP, award letters, automated verification and files transferred to and from CPS and COD.
8. Ensures documents are logged into PowerFAIDS – or uploaded if electronic
9. States aid eligibility, disbursements and reconciliation
10. Process corrections to include SSN, c Code updates, etc.
11. Responsible for monthly loan and grant reconciliation
12. Creates and updates forms and documents
13. Maintains and updates web page information
14. Assists with training new staff
15. Assists with verification completion process
16. Assists with outside scholarship process
17. Coordinates communications to students for missing information
18. Coordinates scanning and indexing of documents
19. Assists with student/parent phone calls and visits
20. Assists with the financial aid email inbox
21. Assists with counseling of students and parents during peak periods
22. Assists associate vice president with awarding of federal, state and institutional aid
23. Coordinates loan and grant monthly reconciliations
24. Assists in processing or reviewing R2T4 calculations when needed
25. Cross-trained in CashNet and other student account responsibilities.
26. Manages communications such as loan exit interviews, annual debt notification letters
27. Participates in recruiting activities with Office of Admission both on and off campus.
1. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice President of Student Financial Planning
Received From: Associate Vice President of Student Financial Planning
Education: Bachelor's Degree Required
Experience: Proficient in PowerFAIDS, Jenzabar, COD, ELM, NSLDS, other DOE websites and software, Office 365 suite
• Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills
• Commitment to practice honesty toward, tolerance of, and compassion for others, working to support the well-being of other members of the College
• Positive promotion of the college in all interactions
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• Positive and highly professional attitude and demeanor
• Friendly, warm, cooperative attitude committed to being part of a dynamic team
• Willingness to commit to continual learning
• Ability to adapt quickly to change
• Understanding of financial aid rules and regulations
• Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks with a student-service attitude of excellence
• Experience with PC Windows based computing environment
• Required to participate in training
• Ability to follow through and meet deadlines
• Ability to analyze data problems, solve problems and provide viable solutions
• Ability to take initiative and provide leadership through implementing technological advances
• Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and to work with several constituencies
• Extreme attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records
Physical/Emotional Requirements: Sitting/standing/walking for extended periods of time, professionalism and complete confidentiality when counseling students and/or parents, and the ability to work in a stressful, time sensitive environment are required.
The COVID-19 epidemic may impact the College's enrollment, funding and need for certain positions. As a result, the College reserves the right to rescind any job offer or reduce the salary based on decreased job responsibilities. The start date may be subject to modification due to the COVID-19 epidemic and related public health restrictions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts