Admission Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission and DPT Admission Coordinator
- - Admission & Financial Aid
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Admission Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission and DPT Admissions Coordinator is a shared position between undergraduate admission (50%) and the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program (50%). The position is responsible for coordinating the development, implementation, and assessment of recruitment efforts in both the DPT program and as well as an assigned territory within undergraduate admission. The Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission and DPT Admissions Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day admissions support, including coordination of the collecting, maintaining, and reporting of student records The Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission and DPT Admissions Coordinator is also responsible for managing a variety of documents, databases, and reports, while ensuring that records compliance and confidentiality are maintained in all administrative processes. The Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director of Admission and DPT Admissions Coordinator will participate in all major on-campus, off-campus and virtual recruitment events (i.e. open houses, scholarship programs, lab immersions, orientations, etc.). Auxiliary responsibilities will also be assigned based on the candidate's strengths and needs of the office.
- Organize, plan and coordinate annual travel within assigned territory.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and assessment of tactical recruitment plans.
- Represent Hanover College at high schools and college fairs.
- Assigned up to 2-3 assigned late shifts per week and availability on some weekends (including Friday evening and Saturday morning/afternoon) during scheduled lab immersions/programmatic events.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of admissions sites and admissions contracts/agreements in adequate number and specialty to meet program goals and outcomes.
- Assist prospective students with the completion of their application including the submission of supportive documentation.
- Coordinate faculty involvement in the formal review of applications, essays, and references.
- Issue invitations for interviews to applicants to whom interview has been granted.
- Coordinate communication initiatives with prospective and admitted students in a timely manner, directing inquiries from students, faculty, and visitors to appropriate entities across campus and within the DPT Program.
- Schedule appointments and meetings with prospective DPT students.
- Assist with exam proctoring during lab immersions.
- Provide ongoing advisement of DPT students related to progression and retention.
- Support program and accreditation requirements by assisting with data collection in respect to, but not limited, program enrollment, attrition and graduation rates, to the DPT Director of Admissions.
- Collect and compile data from a wide variety of sources; determines most appropriate information source and researches records to locate specific information.
- Assures nondiscrimination and equal opportunity during the admissions process for all prospective students.
- Acts as a liaison between career services and admissions.
- Conduct admission interviews with prospective students and parents.
- Coordinate with the Physical Therapy Centralized Application Service, Educational Testing Service, and other outside agencies involved in the admissions process.
- Complete initial review of admission applications to determine applicant eligibility for admission. Contacts applicants regarding needed application materials.
- Represent the College in various state organizations.
- Represent the Office of Admission and DPT Program with outside constituencies (i.e., athletics, student life, parents/alumni board, etc.) as assigned.
- Assist with tours, all major on-campus, off-campus and virtual recruitment events (i.e. open houses, scholarship programs, lab immersions, orientations, etc.).
- Working knowledge of financial aid programs and policies.
- Maintains a neat, organized, and inviting environment.
- Participates in DPT Program community service projects.
- Collaborates with college personnel to support student success initiatives.
- Travels to recruitment regions other than assigned, as needed.
- Provides assistance with the day-to-day administrative functions for the DPT Program Directors and Core Faculty.
- Attend DPT Program meetings as needed.
- Coordinates and attends DPT open houses.
- Completes a minimum of one professional development activity annually
- Other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Minimum of Bachelor's Degree
Experience Required: 3 -5 years admission experience
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts