Campus Safety Officer
- - Campus Safety
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Provide a safe and secure campus at Hanover College and to serve the Campus Community.
- Perform all the duties of a Hanover College Campus Safety Officer as required.
- Patrol the Campus and Buildings of Hanover College for security and protection of life and property.
- Investigate crimes, complaints, and incidents to insure each matter is properly handled by the most professional and expeditious means.
- Escort students, staff, and visitors as requested on the College Campus.
- Respond to fire alarms and assume responsibilities designated in Campus fire brigade procedures.
- Make security checks; complete locking and unlocking assignments, and complete security assignments established by Campus Safety Department Procedures, directives, and special orders.
- Submit true and accurate reports for College and Campus Safety Records.
- Act as a liaison with law enforcement agencies.
- Respond to calls for help and assistance from all Campus sources.
- Enforce Federal and State Laws and all College rules and regulations.
- Monitor and enforce all Campus parking policies and regulations.
- Provide courteous and professional service to the College Community
- Perform other designated or related duties to the position of Hanover College Campus Safety Officer.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Obey the Constitution of the United States of America and the State of Indiana.
- Follow the policies, procedures, and special orders of the Hanover College Campus Safety Department.
- Wear the prescribed uniform to be readily identified, to all other persons, as a Hanover College Campus Safety Officer.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance, including properly groomed hair, while on duty.
- Meet all scheduling and work performance standards outlined in this and other official communications.
- Maintain physical condition that will enable the Campus Safety Officer to perform assignments and tasks under all reasonable circumstances.
- Exercise courtesy and consideration for all persons a Campus Safety Officer may contact, consistent with firmness and energy to perform.
- Attain and maintain First Responder medical certification.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING
Eduction required: A high school graduate or its equivalent.
Experience preferred: experience in law enforcement, fire and EMS, the military, private security, or related field.
PHYSICAL EFFORT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work is normally performed in the field, subject to outdoor activity in adverse weather and/or environmental conditions.
- Schedule is normally an 8 hour to 12 hour shift and may be subject to an occasional rotation.
- Must be physically fit, emotionally stable and able to work under stressful conditions.
The COVID-19 epidemic may impact the College's enrollment, funding and need for certain positions. As a result, the College reserves the right to rescind any job offer or reduce the salary based on decreased job responsibilities. The start date may be subject to modification due to the COVID-19 epidemic and related public health restrictions.