- - Maintenance
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Job Summary: Hourly position reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor. Performs duties in correlation with housekeeping, grounds and all college departments. Responsible for repairs, maintenance projects and general maintenance work.
1. Provides a welcoming and positive demeanor when communicating and interacting with fellow co-workers, faculty, students and any visitors to Hanover's campus.
2. Complies with all environmental, health and safety policies including wearing/using personal protective equipment.
3. Helps to maintain a clean, accident free environment in work areas on campus such as mechanical rooms of buildings and shop areas of the physical plant.
4. Responsible for general and/or specialized maintenance of college buildings and property.
5. Responds to all verbal and written trouble calls as assigned.
6. Responsible for completing assigned work within the required time designated through the work order program (example: Routine work order, 3 working days).
7. Responsible for daily inspection of assigned buildings such as boiler/mechanical rooms for potential problems.
8. Responsible for reporting problems or needed repairs to the appropriate supervisor, or the Director of Facilities.
9. Participates in on-call rotation.
10. Helps to maintain records on equipment such as boilers, and/or chillers. This also includes work on refrigeration equipment.
11. Works independently with limited supervision.
12. Responsible for assigned work vehicle and reporting needed repairs to that vehicle.
13. Responsible for assigned work tools and to maintain them in a good working order.
14. Assists with the upkeep of other department tools used in maintaining campus buildings and equipment.
1. Assists other departments when necessary or as assigned. (i.e., set-ups, furniture moves, snow removal, shop cleaning, gutter cleaning).
2. Be available to work major events as needed. (i.e., Homecoming, Graduation).
3. Other duties as assigned or needed.
Education required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience required: Two years related work experience.
Skills required: Ability to communicate well with faculty, staff and students. Report any problems to the appropriate supervisor, or the Director of Facilities. Good working knowledge of routine maintenance. Ability to operate small utility trucks and equipment.
Requirements: Valid and current driver's license. Subject to motor vehicle report (MVR) verification
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 50 pounds
The COVID-19 epidemic may impact the College's enrollment, funding and need for certain positions. As a result, the College reserves the right to rescind any job offer or reduce the salary based on decreased job responsibilities. The start date may be subject to modification due to the COVID-19 epidemic and related public health restrictions.