- - Office of Advancement
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director of Development & Constituency Engagement, the Advancement Associate supports the work of the entire area with an emphasis on Alumni Relations and Individual Philanthropy. S/he will coordinate logistics for all advancement events and provide administrative support to directors within Advancement. In addition, s/he will support the work of the Vice President.
Event Coordination (60%)
1. Set up and manage events within the Raiser's Edge database, including creating event records, creating queries and reports, and recording guest status.
2. Assist with event communications by working within the NetCommunity web platform to create event webpages, registration forms, and emails using strategies and content prepared by the event lead.
3. Prepare mailed email invitations using strategies and content prepared by the event lead.
4. Oversee event registration, accepting and organizing invitee responses via mail, email, and phone.
5. Reserve event space and submitting event set-up and logistics requests.
6. Prepare event supplies, including nametags, giveaways, signage, etc.
7. Manage registration/information table at on-campus and tri-state events, including some evening and weekend events.
Administrative Support for Alumni Relations, Individual Philanthropy, and Advancement (40%)
1. Manage budgets for Alumni Relations and Individual Philanthropy, including reconciliation, purchase orders, check requests, etc.
2. Serve as initial point of contact for Alumni Relations and Individual Philanthropy.
3. Prioritize incoming mail.
4. Order and maintain office supplies.
5. Assist with annuity payments and 1099 forms.
6. Assist with limited data entry within the Raiser's Edge database.
7. Respond to inquiries from alumni and friends.
Education Required: High School Diploma, some college or business school
training. Associate Degree preferred.
Experience Required: Two to three years in a support function, database
Skills Required: General support function skills, office management, database management, etc. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge helpful.
Physical/Emotional Standards: Good vision, some lifting required, manual dexterity for typing, light office duties (filing, copying, etc.)
The COVID-19 epidemic may impact the College's enrollment, funding and need for certain positions. As a result, the College reserves the right to rescind any job offer or reduce the salary based on decreased job responsibilities. The start date may be subject to modification due to the COVID-19 epidemic and related public health restrictions.