Assistant/Associate Director of Student Life for Prevention and Leadership Initiatives
- - Office of Student Life
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Associate/Assistant Director of Student Life for Previention and Leadership Initiatives will serve the Department of Student Life at Hanover College in the day-to-day functions of a successful, student-centered, student affairs program at a small, residential, liberal arts college. Primary functional areas will be the areas of prevention programming and leadership. This is a twelve-month position.
• Coordinate and implement Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) prevention programing and education
- 21+ ID class & registration
• Coordinate and implement sexual assault prevention and awareness education opportunities
• Develop and implement a peer educators program with wellness and prevention focus
• Provide on-going programming in response to high incident areas of campus
• Personal health promotion and response
• Create and implement a holistic wellness program for campus, utilizing the National Wellness Institute's Dimensions of Wellness
• Serve as campus Victim's Advocate
• Serve as on-call crisis responder
• Coordinate various awareness campaigns
- Alcohol awareness week
- Wellness week
- Revive week
- Sexual Assault Awareness month
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
• Serve as the Advisor for the Wellness Housing Communities
• Develop and Implement Leadership Programs
- Emerging Leaders
- Co-Curricular Portfolio
- Outdoor Wilderness Leadership (OWL)
• Serve on Wellness Committee as Student Life representative
Education: Master's degree in applicable field preferred, Bachelor's Degree required.
Experience: Graduate experience in related field required; 2+ years post-graduate experience in student affairs functional areas preferred.
Skills required: Ability to relate with and support a diverse group of students; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to delegate tasks effectively; excellent written and oral communication skills; student-centered approach to work in higher education and student affairs.
The COVID-19 epidemic may impact the College's enrollment, funding and need for certain positions. As a result, the College reserves the right to rescind any job offer or reduce the salary based on decreased job responsibilities. The start date may be subject to modification due to the COVID-19 epidemic and related public health restrictions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts