Assistant Athletic Trainer
- - Athletics
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Job Summary: Assists the Head Trainer in the general health management and care of varsity athletes including scheduling, supervising, and mentoring of student athletic training staff; management of medical records, oversees inventory, purchases supplies, and provides game and practice coverage.
1. Coordinates and processes athletic trainer coverage for a variety of sports.
2. Provides customer service to student-athletes with taping, wrapping, evaluation of injuries, rehabilitation of injuries, counseling, and proper medical referral.
3. Responsible for helping educate student trainers, preventing injuries in student-athletes, and filing insurance claims for student-athletes.
4. Oversee the preparation of athletic training for practices and games and student trainer preparation for certification exams.
5. Initiates changes in the Policies of the training rooms.
1. Performs general duties of ordering medical equipment for student athletes.
2. Any other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director, Vice President for Business Affairs and/or the President
3. Maintains records for insurance and athletic injuries and treatments.
Education: Bachelors Degree Required, Masters Degree Preferred NATA certification
Experience: Prior collegiate experience needed in order to be familiar with collegiate rules.
Skills required: State license, continuing education, critical thinking, injury evaluation and rehabilitation, level-headedness
Physical/Emotional Standards: Must be flexible in order to accommodate demands of coaching staff and student-athletes, yet strong willed enough to set limits without compromising the well being of student-athletes
The COVID-19 epidemic may impact the College's enrollment, funding and need for certain positions. As a result, the College reserves the right to rescind any job offer or reduce the salary based on decreased job responsibilities. The start date may be subject to modification due to the COVID-19 epidemic and related public health restrictions.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts