Assistant/Associate Director for Graduate Studies
- - Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
The Assistant/Associate Director of Graduate Studies is responsible for creating and maintaining student files. This person will assist prospective and current graduate students with the financial aid process, registering all graduate students, and creating and sending formal program letters. They will coordinate the collecting, maintaining, and reporting of student records, and ensure that compliance and confidentiality are maintained in all administrative processes. The Assistant/Associate Director of Graduate Studies is also responsible for managing a variety of documents, databases, and reports for the DPT Program.
• Provides assistance with the day-to-day functions of the Registrar, Office of Human Resources, Office of Financial Aid, and DPT Directors;
• Creates and maintains electronic databases to view, enter, edit, format, revise, print, process, and distribute student information;
• Creates and maintains paper and electronic files to hold required student documents;
• Responsible for entering student information, maintaining DPT student files, and auditing students' records to verify completion of graduation requirements;
• Responsible for registering DPT students, monitoring DPT students, and sending letters of notification for dismissal from program;
• Assists in establishing and enforcing standards, policies, and procedures for the purpose of ensuring that electronic and paper files and records are accurate and complete;
• Plans, creates, and produces a variety of written materials such as forms, correspondence, manuals, invoices, charts, matrices, reports, records, schedules, templates, models, and other documents of similar complexity;
• Coordinates documents and tracks pertinent data to meet the information and reporting needs of the DPT Program; evaluates reports/record keeping requirements and recommends best means of tracking data;
• Collects and compiles data from a wide variety of sources; determines most appropriate information source and researches records to locate specific information;
• Determines need and requests forms and other materials from public and/or private entities for documentation or processing purposes;
• Composes and sends letters, memoranda, and electronic correspondence; receives and answers correspondence; assists in the timely management of all written and electronic communication;
• Types reports and other documents as needed; provides clerical functions such as printing, photocopying, scanning, faxing, and filing;
• Participates in department/student events as appropriate- i.e. orientation, graduation, and lab immersions.
Assists the Office of Human Resources with the recruitment, pre-employment testing, and online onboarding and outboarding paperwork of DPT faculty and staff (e.g. adjunct faculty).
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education required: Bachelor's Degree and/or Equivalent Experience
Experience required: Have documented experience in a coordinator, executive, or administrative assistant position in a service-oriented environment.
Skills required: Must demonstrate knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the essential functions of the job.
Possesses an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and databases required; skilled knowledge with and/or ability to learn higher education software systems: Jenzabar J1, PowerFaids, App Extender (preferred), as well as, report writing (Infomaker) and other information systems;
Maintains the privacy of students' records and employee records as required by Federal law (FERPA) and Hanover College policy;
Demonstrates confidence, discretion, collaboration, and proficiency in interpersonal and team skills in order to effectively interact with people at all levels;
Possesses strong time management skills that demonstrates the ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and manage competing priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven office environment with accuracy;
Demonstrates knowledge of correct business practices, correspondence, and typing formats, including English grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation;
Ability to read and comprehend regulations, procedures, and policies and apply them to specific situations;
Possesses basic knowledge of accounting systems and perform basic arithmetic.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts