Cashier/Business Office Assistant
- - Business Office
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Duties include the processing and balancing of student, staff, gifts from donors, and other miscellaneous cashiering transactions. Accuracy must be maintained in a sometimes noisy, high traffic environment. Interacts with a diverse volume of students, staff, vendors and the public. Job requires strong customer service skills and well-developed verbal skills, including the ability to handle difficult customer service situations with tact and diplomacy. Responsible for producing journey-level accounting work on an independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review. Manages the Business Affairs meeting calendar and provides clerical support to the Vice President for Business Affairs.
Cashiering function: This includes receiving and processing cash, credit cards and checks from students, employees, and donors. Responsible for balancing the cash drawer and the cash vault daily and ordering cash from the bank when necessary.
Administrative Assistant function: This includes answering the phone for the VP for Business Affairs and managing his schedule. Clerical work as needed by the VP for Business Affairs and Controller.
Accounting Assistant function:
1. Weekly and monthly allocation journal entries. Summarizes and prepares postage, office supply, mailroom copying, Goodrich income, mileage, and other miscellaneous entries.
2. Posts all general ledger journal entries into the financial reporting software for the Business Office. Must be knowledgeable of general ledger account numbers.
3. Maintains archived directory of journal entries, receipts, etc. in shared documents.
4. Provides clerical support for the Business Office staff when needed.
5. Reconciles, bills and collects Miscellaneous Receivables.
6. Reconciles Travel Advance account.
7. Prepares bank reconciliations for flex and student loan accounts.
8. Prepares Indiana Sales Tax and Indiana Innkeepers Tax monthly returns.
Records and collects student NSF checks. Oversees temporary Dawson loans to students. Schedules the Administration Building Conference room. Provides support in other areas of the Business Office as needed.
Education required: High School Diploma required. Prefer additional office training.
Experience required: Prefer three years of bank teller / customer service experience.
Skills required: Advanced computer skills and good communication skills.