Health Services Assistant
- - Health Services
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Part Time
This is a part-time position responsible for assisting the Director of Health Services in patient care and clinic management. This position is also responsible for providing excellent customer service to all students, faculty, staff and visitors to Health Services.
1. Patient care:
• Assist the Director of Health Services in meeting students' health needs.
• Interviews patient about current problems, medications and allergies. Review patient's chart for pertinent past history. Conduct vital signs, weight, and review of symptoms.
• Participates in patient treatment including administering medications and injections, performs immunizations, nebulizer treatments, and visual acuity tests, administer and read TB tests, do office diagnostic testing, phone triage, and assist the Director of Health Services with office procedures such as pap tests, phlebotomy and suturing (under the supervision of the Director of Health Services).
• Assists with IV set-up by verifying solution administered, evaluating IV site, being certain fluids are running well and that site is WNL while making sure the patient is comfortable. Discontinuing the IV site after making sure the site is WNL before letting the patient leave the clinic. All of this will be conducted under the supervision of the Director of Health Services.
• Properly obtains and handles lab specimen(s) and send them to the appropriate diagnostic company.
• Assists with referrals to outside providers/clinics under the supervision of the Director of Health Services.
• Uses the medical information system to schedule patients at appropriate and allot appropriate time for the visit.
• Provides education as appropriate and needed.
• Responds to calls for assistance anywhere on campus.
• Assists students' with other needs, such as over-the-counter medications, crutches, basic wound care, and help arrange transportation to pharmacy or other medical facilities, when needed.
2. Exam Rooms:
• Keeps exam rooms clean, stocked and ready for patient use on a regular basis using the proper procedures.
• Checks all expiration dates and rotate stock.
• Inventories monthly and prepare supply order according to par system.
3. Maintenance of Medical Records:
• Responsible for ensuring all medical files are complete, properly assembled and filed.
• Properly documents patient treatments and tasks in medical information system under the supervision of the Director of Health Services.
• Creates files for incoming freshman and transfer students. Makes sure all first year health forms and immunizations are complete and up to date.
• Maintenance of student charts after graduation. Purge files as appropriate.
• Maintains confidentiality of all medical records and information.
• Weekly inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications.
• Orders medications according to par system and file respective requisitions.
• Monitors expiration date of medications and initiate returns as needed.
• Stores medications properly and rotate stock as new products arrive.
• Will perform a variety of office duties including but not limited to: answering phone, scheduling appointments, taking messages, triaging patients in the office, and by phone using his/her scope of practice in an accurate and timely manner. Assists students, faculty and staff with health care needs and any other duties as assigned.
• Will facilitate training with employees/student workers, attend LEAP and other activities on campus.
• Assists Director of Health Services with specialty clinics, health fair and other projects.
• Position requires interaction with and support of other projects associated with the Department of Student Life.
Education: CMA required. LPN preferred. Must provide proof of current license, in good standing.
Experience required: Minimum of one year experience in a patient setting and/or similar office setting.
• Must be able to assist the Director of Health Services in basic office procedures, administer injections, and provide patient care consistent with license.
• Must possess a working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products.
• Must possess good organizational skills, service-oriented, flexible, and maintain a professional attitude.
• Must respect cultural diversity, religion, and gender.
• Upholds HIPAA regulations.
• Must be punctual and dependable.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts