Campus Experience Specialist
- - Admission & Financial Aid
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Hanover College seeks an engaging, organized, and innovative professional to serve as our Campus Experience Specialist. The first contact for most prospective students and families, this person must be outgoing, welcoming, a self-starter, have acute attention to detail, and be able to work independently. The Campus Experience Specialist must have the ability to work well under pressure of deadlines and a daily schedule that changes frequently. Must have excellent customer service skills as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. The person in this position will coordinate all aspects of a prospective student's campus visit (tour, counselor meeting, faculty/staff/coach meeting, class visit, and possible overnight visit). Answer main phone lines for the Enrollment Department and direct calls appropriately. The Campus Experience Specialist will also be cross trained as necessary for various other duties within the office. The Campus Experience Specialist is required to work during busy visit times, i.e. high school fall break, high school spring break, and other observed high school holidays.
1. Welcome Desk – act as official campus greeter. Responsible for the guest visit experience. Assist and direct all walk-ins.
2. Answer and direct all incoming calls on the two main Enrollment Department phone lines. Assist callers when appropriate.
3. Maintain the Visit Calendar – schedule campus visits and record them on the office calendar accordingly.
4. Coordinate and execute campus visits ensuring a memorable campus visit experience and providing accurate data entry and follow-up in student database.
Individual Visits (including Athletic Visits)
a. Campus Tours
b. Interview Schedule
c. Class Visits
d. Overnight Visits
e. Faculty/Staff/Coach Communication
f. Athletic Visit Days
g. School Visits
h. Community Based Organization Visits
5. Setup and maintain all communication associated with the Campus Visit Experience (Students, Parents, Faculty, Staff, and Coaches)
6. Responsible for opening and closing the office, the professional appearance of the lobby, maintaining visitor refreshment center and keeping other items that visitor's use/take (Hanoverian Magazine and ponchos) well stocked.
7. Update lobby monitor with prospective student visit information, ambassador of the week, and "meet your counselor" details.
8. Comfortable in navigating student management software systems (Slate, Jenzabar, PowerFAIDS).
9. Assist with data entry and application processing as needed throughout the year, specifically summer coverage.
10. Maintain Admission/Admissions email accounts and respond/distribute appropriately.
11. Assist with on-campus and regional event planning and management.
12. Assist with Financial Aid form processing.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Received from: Senior Coordinator for Enrollment Operations – Directly
Executive Director of Admission – Indirectly
Vice President for Strategy and Enrollment – Indirectly
Required/Given: Works independently responding to ever changing schedules of staff, counselors, and visitors. Must work cooperatively and collaboratively with diverse individuals and groups. Must be very flexible and have extremely efficient time management skills. A high level of confidentiality is required.
Education required: High school diploma
Experience required: Two years previous receptionist/secretarial/customer service experience preferred.
• Organizational skills within a fast-paced office environment
• Outstanding customer service skills
• Software experience including: Word, Excel, Outlook and OneDrive
o Knowledge of Slate, Jenzabar and PowerFAIDS are a plus
• Demonstrated competency in scheduling and event management
• Required participation in training as office software and/or system changes mandate
• Must be friendly, approachable, neat, and professional in appearance
• Demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
• Must be dependable, punctual, well-organized, and flexible
• Must have the ability to remain calm and positive under pressure
• Must be open to training opportunities as needed