Assistant/Associate Director for International Recruitment and International Student Advisor
- - Admission & Financial Aid
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Reporting Relationship: The assistant/associate director for international recruitment and international student advisor reports primarily to the executive director of admission with a dotted reporting line to the dean of students.
Job Summary: The associate director for international recruitment and international student advisor will support Hanover College's strategic plan by assessing and refining the college's recruitment efforts in foreign countries. This position is responsible for assisting the executive director and vice president for strategy and enrollment in assessing and pursuing recruitment opportunities in emerging markets, performing credential and financial evaluations of prospective incoming students and their parents, and coordinating the orientation and support of currently enrolled international students. Additionally, the international student advisor will work with the office of student life and dean of students to help serve and meet the needs of current international students.
• Assist the executive director of admission and vice president for strategy and enrollment in assessing and prioritizing emerging markets for current and future international recruitment.
• Perform academic credential evaluations of prospective international students.
• Complete thorough financial review of all international applicants and their parents.
• Serve as a designated student officer and guide students through the process of securing and maintaining appropriate governmental status and documentation.
• Oversee the international student orientation to Hanover College and the Hanover/Madison, IN area. Orientation duties include, but are not limited to:
o Acquainting new international students with Hanover College policies and procedures.
o Assisting the students in locating campus employment and acquiring Social Security cards.
o Educating students on the US banking and healthcare systems.
• Advise the Office of Financial Aid in the financial assessment of special circumstance reviews involving currently enrolled international students.
• Coordinate with the dean of students and the director of multicultural affairs the interaction of the international students with other segments of the college population.
• Oversee a Host Family Program.
• Oversee a student intern and provide ongoing recruitment responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience required: Previous recruitment or financial advising experience preferred, but not required.
Skills required: The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly analytical, proficient in Excel, and have a basic understanding of international financial markets and foreign economies. The individual should be knowledgeable of and sensitive to the emotional, financial, and cultural needs of individuals throughout the enrollment process and educational experience.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts