Director of Admissions – Doctor of Physical Therapy Program
- - Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Hanover, IN, USA
- Full Time
Hanover College seeks applications for the Director of Admissions in the developing hybrid Doctor of Physical Therapy Program to begin January 1, 2020. All candidates should have an earned terminal academic doctorate in a discipline appropriate for teaching responsibilities (PhD., EdD, etc.) or Doctor of Physical Therapy degree (or tDPT), with American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties (ABPTS) or certification credentials appropriate for their teaching responsibilities. Individuals must have an understanding of higher education and contemporary clinical practice appropriate for leadership in physical therapy education. Candidates with Program Director experience in CAPTE accreditation preferred. This position is a non-tenured track faculty position with salary and rank commensurate with qualifications.
The Director of Admissions is expected to enhance recruitment and admissions processes associated with the DPT Program. The individual should have knowledge as to the admissions process and procedures for graduate physical therapy educational programs. Responsible for all student recruitment, application, and admissions processes. Oversees and recommends updates to recruitment materials and admissions policies and procedures. Serves as Chair of the Admissions Committee, which is responsible for all matters concerning student admission to the DPT Program including recruitment, application, selection, and matriculation. This committee is responsible for overseeing faculty involvement in a transparent admissions process that guarantees nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants.
Essential Tasks and Functions of the Director of Admissions:
1. Directs all day-to-day operations regarding student recruitment and admissions processes;
2. Serves as program liaison with the Hanover College admissions office;
3. Serves as the primary faculty contact for all student inquiries requiring more specific program information;
4. Plans and oversees program recruitment efforts, to include monthly informational webinars;
5. Assures nondiscrimination and equal opportunity during the admissions process for all prospective students;
6. Educates all faculty regarding the admissions process, including specific emphasis on their role in applicant screening, interviewing, and selection;
7. Directs staff support personnel who assist with assembling and disseminating admissions information, receiving applications, entering data, and preparing files for interviews;
8. Annually reviews the admissions process and criteria and makes recommendations to the faculty regarding changes;
9. Coordinates an update of the program website, handbooks, and informational brochures relative to student recruitment and admissions to ensure current and relevant information is provided to all prospective students;
10. Reports all recruitment and admissions activities as an agenda item in each faculty meeting;
11. Assists the Director of Student Affairs with student assimilation into the DPT Program immediately following enrollment offer acceptance and prior to orientation;
12. Coordinates all activities of the Admissions Committee;
13. Plans and conduct all Admissions Committee meetings;
14. In conjunction with the Administration Committee, provide Committee oversight and leadership to the Admissions Policies and Procedures component of the Program Assessment Plan and CAPTE Self Study Report;
15. Ensures all program policies, procedures, and practices under the responsibility of the Director of Admissions provide for compliance with accreditation policies and procedures.